For upcoming fixtures click

Match Reports

Sunday Team

GUFC 3-1 LagHarFC
FAI Junior Cup Round One
GUFC 4-1 Glenree
Match Reports
Saturday Team
GUFC 5-0 TullyR

Saturday Team Results

Saturday Team Results

Gweedore United F.C. 3-1 Lagan Harps FC


This game played on a sunny afternoon at Carrickboyle saw the home side secure the three points in a good match.

In the opening half both sides had chances with Ciaran McFadden, Hugh Martin Curran and Michael Conolly going close on a number of occasions for United and Brian Kelly and Drew Connors going close for the visitors. Michael Conolly opened the scoring in the 42nd minute when he scored past Michael Toner from close range following good work and a good delivery by Matthew Byrne from the left wing.

In the second half United got on top controlling possession in the early stages and their good play paid off in the 50th minute when Darren Ferry split the Lagan defence with a good through to Conolly who finished well to make it 2-0. The home side continued to press and made it 3-0 in the 58th minute when Matthew Byrne put Ciaran McFadden through and McFadden made no mistake to put his side 3 up. 4 minutes later Conolly could have got his hatrick when he hit a lovely shot from 12 yards, however Michael Toner in the Lagan nets made an excellent save to keep the score at 3-0. Lagan began to come back into the game and getting more of the possession. The visitors pulled one back in the 71st minute when Brian Kelly's free kick from 25 yards went in at the bottom right corner of Liam McFadden's net to make it 3-1. It was a team effort from Lagan with Declan Sweeney excelling and it was a team performance from the home side.

Referee: Ed Moore


Strand Rovers 1-2 Gweedore United Reserves


Saturday offered ideal conditions for football with the sun shining brightly in Maghery.

Gweedore got the ideal start to the match with a goal after only a few minutes. Strand pressed hard and came close on several occasions especially from set pieces. Strand then played in a low ball which caught out the Gweedore defence, but good goalkeeping from the Gweedore keeper denied Brendan Glackin the opportunity to score. The home team pressed again and scored only to have it ruled out for offside. Gweedore rallied before the end of the half and were rewarded before the break with another goal,- assisted considerably by a defensive error from Strand.

The second half started brightly with the home team pressing, trying to get a goal back and they were rewarded when team captain Brendan Brennan scored from the penalty spot. Strand pushed for the remainder of the match but Gweedore United held on.

Scorers for Gweedore United were Aodh O’ Donnell and Owen De Barra. Man of the match was Brendan Glackin for Strand Rovers



Gweedore United F.C Res 5-0 Tullyvinney Rovers F.C. Res


This first game of the new season in the Saturday league Division saw this match reversed to Carrickboyle and the Gweedore side took full advantage.

Tullyvinney with the aid of the strong wind in the opening half pressed the United defense and seen half chances from Adam Gardener and Dennis McBride, however they found it difficult to break down the Gweedore back four. The home side looked dangerous on the break and in the 35th minute Sean Paul McMahon broke the deadlock when he finished well past Michael Shields following a good through pass from Stephen O Donnell.

In the second half the home side had the aid of the strong breeze and went 2 up in the 46th minute when Sean Paul McMahon got his second with a good free kick from 20 yards. In the 52nd minute Ciaran Cannon made it 3-0 when he finished well as he seen Shields of his line. In the 72nd minute McMahon got his hatrick and United's 4th when his pace took him past two defenders to finish well. United made it 5-0 in the 85th minute with Stephen O Donnell finishing well. In difficult weather conditions both teams had good performances with Sean Paul McMahon deserving of his hatrick on the day.

Referee: Marty Quinn